Image Generation Division (DGI) is part of Earth Observation General Coordination (OBT), from National Institute for Space Research (INPE). The activities of DGI focus on receiving, recording, processing, storage and distribution of images and data from remote sensing, meteorological and scientific satellites.
- Providing adequate infrastructure for reception, storage, processing and dissemination of spatial data.
- Participating in national and international projects in those areas that DGI acts.
- Answering clearly and objectively the community of user data and images.
- Being a reference in new reception systems, storage, processing and dissemination of data and satellite images.
Station of Reception and Recording (ERG) satellite data of Cuiaba - MT is part of the Image Generation Division (DGI) from National Institute for Space Research (INPE). Activities of ERG involve reception and satellite data transfer from Cuiaba - MT to Cachoeira Paulista - SP.
- Daily remote sensing, meteorological or scientific satellite tracking.
- Upload acquired data to Image Generation Division (DGI).
- Temporarily store the data for, in case of damaged or deleted data, in Cachoeira Paulista, provide them again.
- Keeping contact with other spatial agencies responsible for satellites tracked by ERG.