The Imaging Division (DIDGI) is part of the General Earth Observation Coordination (CGOBT) of the National Institute for Space Research (INPE).
DIDGI maintains the following catalogs for the dissemination of satellite images through the Internet:
- CBERS 04A and AMAZONIA-1 satellites images are at www2.dgi.inpe.br/catalogo/explore.
- The images from the AQUA, CBERS4, DEIMOS, LANDSAT8, NOAA-20, RESOURCESAT1, RESOURCESAT2, S-NPP, TERRA and UK-DMC2 satellites are at www.dgi.inpe.br/catalogo.
- CBERS2, CBERS2B, GLS-LANDSAT, LANDSAT1, LANDSAT2, LANDSAT3, LANDSAT5 and LANDSAT7 satellites are at www.dgi.inpe.br/CDSR.
With the end of the CBERS 04A commissioning phase, in July 2020, DIDGI adopted the logic of daily processing and cataloging the images from the two daytime passages of the satellite, using the remaining computational capacity to process and catalog, in the same six other tickets purchased on previous dates. Thus, we hope that the new catalog can show, in a few months, all the images processed since the beginning of the CBERS 04A's useful life.
- Providing adequate infrastructure for reception, storage, processing and dissemination of spatial data.
- Participating in national and international projects in those areas that DGI acts.
- Answering clearly and objectively the community of user data and images.
- Being a reference in new reception systems, storage, processing and dissemination of data and satellite images.
- Daily remote sensing, meteorological or scientific satellite tracking.
- Upload acquired data to Image Generation Division (DGI).
- Temporarily store the data for, in case of damaged or deleted data, in Cachoeira Paulista, provide them again.
- Keeping contact with other spatial agencies responsible for satellites tracked by ERG.